01 March 2019

On microscope and small little things


I suppose to write a new entry every Saturday, but I will be going to Pahang for a volunteer work starting this evening until Sunday so I won't be online until then. And here I am, writing a new post today because I don't want to break that consistency of mine; writing blog once a week and i know myself better, if i am to skip writing for a week, that feeling of laziness will grow bigger and bigger. So let us fight that laziness and don't let it stop us from doing things that we are passionate on.



Image result for quote about small things
I am currently studying Biomedical Science where we deal with microscope a lot, like every week we will have to meet and greet with the microscope ohh and also not to forget with the bacteria! I remember one of the lecturer here told us on the very first week of semester 1, "microscope will become your new best friend" hahaha i was laughing at this, but yeah I think now slowly I get the meaning.

Handling microscope is not that easy. At first. Honestly, I've never handle microscope with my both own hands during my secondary school and back during foundation, I was never brave enough to touch that microscope, I always ask my friend to do the hands-on while I was just watching from beside hahaha super coward past me, right? But now, every students are provided with a microscope each. WHATTTT? I was suuuper scared at first (not scared, but ashamed of myself actually) because I dont really know how to deal with that thing but luckily, we have a super nice lab technician Kak Wani, who help us teaching how to handle the microscope from the really basic one. Now I am a real pro, thanks to Kak Wani hahaha no just kidding, I am still not in the phase of talking about crush to the microscope. (it means I am not that close enough friend with the microscope)

Handling the microscope is one thing, but here comes the real big deal; drawing the bacteria! It was super hard, I can't even see how the bacteria exactly looks like, and yet I have to draw them hmmmm.



Super awkward drawing, i know right.


Here's a lesson learnt from all these bacteria and microscope. Bacteria is a really small little organisms that we cannot even see with our naked eyes, but do you know they are actually big. They are composed of cells, just like how human beings are though their cells are much more simpler than us. But there is actually a huge working system inside that small little organism. Isn't it amazing? I found it really fascinating. And to be able to see the small bacteria, we have to use a microscope. (Big appreciation goes to Antonie van Leuwenhook for being the founder of microscope) Its not that easy we need a good microscopy skill i.e we need to find a good resolution to view the bacteria clearly, but once we are able to see it, its realllllly beautiful.

Here is one picture I took from the microscope in the previous semester.

I hope the same things goes in our life. I hope we have a microscopic eye so that we are able to see in a big and clear vision on what is behind the very small little things happening in our life.
Behind every little smile.
Behind every little 'Thank you' people said to us
Behind every small little act of kindness in this world.
Because it is not even small. Its a really big and beautiful things if we can see it from a different viewpoint.


I end this post with a hope that we can always appreciate and not neglect all the very small little things that happened in our life. Cause they are actually really beautiful, trust me.





3 conteng-conteng:

Farah said...

Kagum dengan orang yang belajar science ni cause I'm not a big fan of science :)

&

Yes, every little things in this world matter.

Syaza Raihanah said...

Dari dulu teringin nak tengok something guna microscope. Dapat tengok dengan jelas semua microorganisma yang ada dekat sesuatu benda tu 😊

Syaza | www.syazaraihanah.com

Listia said...

i really love your study activity.. meet the bactery and be friends with microscop is the one of a dream that i can't get >.< i think its fun. fighting for your activity ^^